Wow, my first post. I never actually thought I’d start my very own book blog, least of all one titled ‘Raindrop Reflections’, but hey, I’m spontaneous. Well, most of the time. My name’s Rida (pronounced the same as Rita) and I’m a proud Canadian girl, but not a major fan of hockey (blame Brother, he made me sick of it) but I do love maple leaves, pancakes, and, well, anything Canadian.
Since this is a book blog, I should talk about the books I’m reading/about to read. I’m a big fan of lists (sorry, the organized mind comes to an annoying few), so here they are:
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott- I know I’m, uh, a little different in my reading taste, but I wanted to read some classics and ‘enlighten’ and ‘educate’ myself. And it’s probably good practice for English Literature later on. So far, I love it. It’s so sweet and adorable and all that jazz.
- Dramarama by E. Lockhart- it’s not recent or anything, but I can’t wait to read this one.
- Split by Swati Avasthi- heard good things about this lesser-known book.
- Ghostgirl by Tonya Hurley- I can’t believe I haven’t read this yet! But maybe some others haven’t either…
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. I’ve heard a lot about this author, and it’s my first book from him.
- Across the Universe by Beth Ravis- I know I got this one post-buzz, but I was really looking forward to reading it and my library finally got it, so happy reading for me.
How about some more lists? Nah, I’ll just write sentences. My favourite books are the Harry Potter series, anything by Randa Abdel-Fattah, Heist Society, the amazing Laurie Halse Anderson books, and the Lightning Thief series. They’re all so good!
I love music- rap, hip-hop, R&B- doesn’t matter unless it’s one those indie bands screaming their heart out and killing my eardrums. Favourite song right now? Hmm. It’s probably ‘I’m Coming Home’ by Diddy, and/or ‘ET’ by Katy Perry.
So yeah, that’s about it. I’m looking forward to this blogging thing. It sounds like the kind of stuff I do for fun (you know, journal entries and such, only about my thoughts on books). I know I’m going to have a lot of fun blogging and getting my opinion out there- and I hope that you guys will have fun reading my posts 🙂